Our Music Video



Our Music Video

Digipack

Digipack
Our Digipack (Bottom Right, anti-clockwise: Front Cover, Back Cover, Left Inside Panel, Right Inside Panel)


Our Website (click to enter)


My name is Mahalia John (0345) and welcome to my A2 media blog.

I am part of Group 1 along with Alice Cahill (0130), Kayvon Nabijou (0610) and Gavin Fraser (0245).

You can navigate my blog using the right hand side column where you will find:

My A2 post labels including posts for the A2 Prelim, A2 research and planning and A2 Production

A live link to The Latymer School Music Video Blog

The blog archive of all my posts


Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog

Here is the live link to Group 1's Facebook Page

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Influential/Inspirational Music Videos

George Ezra - Budapest (Alternative Video)


I like this video because of how simple but effective it is. The focus is on George Ezra's performance and the shots of him laughing show his personality. I like the styling and the pastel colours of the background, both of which I would like to use to influence my own music video.


Dan Croll - From Nowhere



This is probably my favourite music video. I love the styling and clean aesthetic of it which are typical of the indie genre. The concept is based on the lyric 'Every now and then I fall a bit behind, Every time I stare into your eyes' which the Directing duo Mathy & Fran interpreted into a National Staring Competition. There is humour and clearly defined characters which make for an interesting and engaging video.


Dog Is Dead - Do The Right Thing


I like the use of interesting camerawork in this video, especially in the studio performance scene and the long takes. The use of coloured lighting is something i'd like to explore using in my own video.


Sam Smith - I'm Not The Only One


I think this music video is beautifully shot and the narrative works really well. Although I am not looking at doing a narrative I will use the cinematography, lighting and set design as influences for my music video.


Lewis Watson - Even If


I like the use of the loose narrative in this video and the surrealism of it. The composition, framing and styling work really well and are typical of the Indie/Acoustic genre. I will use all of this to influence my own video.


George Ezra - Blame It On Me


I like the playfulness of this video and the way in which the performance fits in seamlessly with the narrative. Again George Ezra's personality comes through which I really like in music videos and is something i'd like to have in my own video.

No comments:

Post a Comment