Our Music Video



Our Music Video

Digipack

Digipack
Our Digipack (Bottom Right, anti-clockwise: Front Cover, Back Cover, Left Inside Panel, Right Inside Panel)


Our Website (click to enter)


My name is Mahalia John (0345) and welcome to my A2 media blog.

I am part of Group 1 along with Alice Cahill (0130), Kayvon Nabijou (0610) and Gavin Fraser (0245).

You can navigate my blog using the right hand side column where you will find:

My A2 post labels including posts for the A2 Prelim, A2 research and planning and A2 Production

A live link to The Latymer School Music Video Blog

The blog archive of all my posts


Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog

Here is the live link to Group 1's Facebook Page

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Influential/Inspirational Artist Websites

Below are some of the websites which I have researched and like.

The 1975


I like the simplicity of The 1975's website. The layout is similar to blogs on sites such as Tumblr and is aesthetically pleasing. The colour scheme fits in with the band's image as a serious alternative rock band, which is something I want to consider when designing my own website.

Lewis Watson


Lewis Watson's website's main focus is on informing fans about the different versions of his debut album 'The Morning' and where to buy them. The header photo is taken directly from the album cover and the design of the rest of the website does not clash with this image. I like the nature/organic inspired artwork and design.

 Dan Croll

I like the simple layout and easy navigation of Dan Croll's website, things which are very important if people are to engage with your website.

George Ezra


I love the originality of George Ezra's website and the navigation of it. Scrolling through moves not only the content but also changes the background. It is fun as well as being easy to navigate.

During my research I have found that artist's websites clearly fit in with the artist's marketed image to create synergistic content. Usually the design is based around the artist's most recent album or EP which is then advertised somewhere prominent on the website, this makes the website flow and leads consumers to buy the music. Social media links are also an important aspect, they are usually listed together somewhere prominent on every page so consumers can interact with the band via social media. These are all things which I want to us on my own website.

No comments:

Post a Comment