Our Music Video



Our Music Video

Digipack

Digipack
Our Digipack (Bottom Right, anti-clockwise: Front Cover, Back Cover, Left Inside Panel, Right Inside Panel)


Our Website (click to enter)


My name is Mahalia John (0345) and welcome to my A2 media blog.

I am part of Group 1 along with Alice Cahill (0130), Kayvon Nabijou (0610) and Gavin Fraser (0245).

You can navigate my blog using the right hand side column where you will find:

My A2 post labels including posts for the A2 Prelim, A2 research and planning and A2 Production

A live link to The Latymer School Music Video Blog

The blog archive of all my posts


Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog

Here is the live link to Group 1's Facebook Page

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Gaps in the Market

My research shows that UK Music Consumers favour Male Solo Artists, Male Groups and the Pop and Rock genres. From this I believe there to be a gap in the market for Female Solo Artists, Female Groups and Indie/Acoustic Music.

There has been a rise in the popularity of Female Solo Artists with artists like Taylor Swift going viral and topping the charts. UK Female Solo artist Ellie Goulding gained 2014's first No. 1 Album with the release of the Deluxe edition of her 2012 album 'Halcyon'. She has sold 275,000 copies to date and over 902,000 in total.

Ellie Goulding in her video for her single 'Burn'
There has also been a rise in the popularity of Indie/Acoustic music. George Ezra's Album 'Wanted On Voyage' spent 10 weeks at No. 3 in the UK charts. It gained Gold certification when it sold over 100,000 copies.

George Ezra in the music video for his single 'Budapest'
Female Solo Indie/Acoustic artist Gabrielle Aplin fits into the gap in the market which I have found. Her debut album 'English Rain' charted at No. 2 in the UK Album charts. This proves that if marketed right this niche can be extremely popular with a UK audience.

Gabrielle Aplin in the music video for her single 'Panic Cord'
I believe that the gaps in the market which I have identified are steadily growing and examples of artists show us that Artists in these niches are commercially viable with a UK Audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment