Our Music Video



Our Music Video

Digipack

Digipack
Our Digipack (Bottom Right, anti-clockwise: Front Cover, Back Cover, Left Inside Panel, Right Inside Panel)


Our Website (click to enter)


My name is Mahalia John (0345) and welcome to my A2 media blog.

I am part of Group 1 along with Alice Cahill (0130), Kayvon Nabijou (0610) and Gavin Fraser (0245).

You can navigate my blog using the right hand side column where you will find:

My A2 post labels including posts for the A2 Prelim, A2 research and planning and A2 Production

A live link to The Latymer School Music Video Blog

The blog archive of all my posts


Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog

Here is the live link to Group 1's Facebook Page

Monday 14 July 2014

Q4 - Prelim Evaluation: How do you think your prelim experiences will impact on your approach to next term's music video coursework?

Pretty much all of the skills we have learnt during this prelim are transferrable to next term's music video coursework.

Through the performance coaches and rehearsals I have gained the confidence to perform for a music video in front of a camera. Next year we will probably end up performing in our own videos as it is easier for scheduling and practicality; therefore we will be able to apply the performance skills we have learnt. Embodying a character is one of these performance skills. I have also learnt how important costume is for developing a character so we will spend a lot of time on it next term.

Me as Ponytail Guitar Girl
Because we now have an experience of shooting in the Seward Studio we know how it works and its capabilities and limits. By helping in various departments, I am confident using it which will be useful next year when we will be shooting in there by ourselves. The studio is flexible and can be changed to suit most genres, an aspect which i'm sure we will exploit.

Our full studio setup
Having edited my own version of the 'Girls' video, I now know how to edit a music video with a loose narrative structure. However, the editing of a video with a narrative can also be applied to those without narratives. For example, the use of cross cutting between scenes and setups is used in non-narrative music video. Editing by laying a performance bed is also a skill I will carry through to next term.

Our video cross cutting between different scenes and setups
In short, over the course of this prelim I have acquired skills that will aid me in all aspects of next term's coursework.

No comments:

Post a Comment