Our Music Video



Our Music Video

Digipack

Digipack
Our Digipack (Bottom Right, anti-clockwise: Front Cover, Back Cover, Left Inside Panel, Right Inside Panel)


Our Website (click to enter)


My name is Mahalia John (0345) and welcome to my A2 media blog.

I am part of Group 1 along with Alice Cahill (0130), Kayvon Nabijou (0610) and Gavin Fraser (0245).

You can navigate my blog using the right hand side column where you will find:

My A2 post labels including posts for the A2 Prelim, A2 research and planning and A2 Production

A live link to The Latymer School Music Video Blog

The blog archive of all my posts


Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog

Here is the live link to Group 1's Facebook Page

Monday 14 July 2014

Q1 - Prelim Evaluation: Did you enjoy the workshop day? What were your best bits and why?

I really enjoyed the workshop day. It was amazing seeing the Seward Studio in full-on shoot mode with the Plasma Screens setup for playback, the lighting in full use and the cyclorama set up. I loved how similar it was to a professional shoot because everyone had a job and knew what they were doing.

My favourite part was helping out in the camera department as this is where I want work professionally. I got to be clapper, where I learnt how focused you have to be because missing or forgetting which take it is has a knock on effect for the rest of the scene and in the edit. I really enjoyed being Cinematographer for a couple of shots where I got to record and yell 'camera speed' and 'cut'. Moving the camera by lifting and adjusting the tripod and changing lenses was also fun.

The camera setup
Me as the clapper


When in front of the camera I was much more comfortable than I thought I would be. Having performance coaches really helped as did the performance rehearsals earlier in the week; they taught us how to be confident and not think self consciously in front of the camera.

Our performance coach Tasha helping Alice
I wish i'd gotten more involved in the lighting department as this is an area I want to learn more about. I moved, adjusted and put gels on lights on the studio floor but didn't get a chance to see how the lighting desk worked. I hope to learn this when we make our own music videos. It was great seeing so many different lights and all the equipment that goes along with it in use. I love the effect the diffusers had of softening the light from the ARRI Redheads.

ARRI Redheads behind a diffuser
Overall I had a really enjoyable day because I got to experience every department and was busy all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment