Our Music Video



Our Music Video

Digipack

Digipack
Our Digipack (Bottom Right, anti-clockwise: Front Cover, Back Cover, Left Inside Panel, Right Inside Panel)


Our Website (click to enter)


My name is Mahalia John (0345) and welcome to my A2 media blog.

I am part of Group 1 along with Alice Cahill (0130), Kayvon Nabijou (0610) and Gavin Fraser (0245).

You can navigate my blog using the right hand side column where you will find:

My A2 post labels including posts for the A2 Prelim, A2 research and planning and A2 Production

A live link to The Latymer School Music Video Blog

The blog archive of all my posts


Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog

Here is the live link to Group 1's Facebook Page

Monday 14 July 2014

Personal Achievement

What do you personally want to get out of the whole A2 Prelim experience?

Because the shoot will be set up like a professional shoot I would like to gain technical experience. I am looking forward to shadowing both Jake the Cinematographer and the lighting director on the day. Hopefully I will gain a more advanced knowledge of the Canon 5D MK II and learn how the lighting desk in the studio works. Gaining an insight into what it's like to be a screen performer is also something I want to get out of the prelim because it will help me in my own music video when directing other performers.

Is it a challenge for you or within your comfort zone?

I have had experience performing on stage and in front of a camera so that aspect of the prelim is in my comfort zone. However, I haven't performed in front of a camera on this kind of scale on a professional shoot so that will be out of my comfort zone.

Have you achieved/learnt anything so far?

The performance workshop we did on Wednesday taught us various techniques for performing in front of a camera. We learnt how to lip sync and. the importance of over pronouncing words because it looks better on camera; How moving your eye line can add so much to a character; and that movement and attitude is key to developing a character. As demonstrated in the clip below:

No comments:

Post a Comment